There is a popular package "WebTerminal". It is excellent in most situations.
- running system commands in your operating shell is not so easy
- as it communicates to the IRIS host over HTTP and WSS it consumes 2 connections
With only 5 connections in the community license (and the "Grace Period of CSP")
you can hit the limits rater fast: 2 Webterminals + 1 SMP and you are done
- WebCommand is a pure CSP page consuming just 1 single connection
- WebCommand allows multiple ObjectScript command lines running in sequence
- With $ or ! your command goes to Operating System same as with default terminal
- It is no full terminal emulation but a slim helper for debugging
- And it is an excellent place to apply "One Liners"
Make sure you have git and Docker desktop installed.
Clone/git pull the repo into any local directory
Run the IRIS container with your project:
docker-compose up -d --build
How to Test it
or use Online Demo :
- Just a simple loop in ObjectScript
- Directory listing inside container
Article on DC
Demo Server SMP
Demo Server WebCommand