Develop a Full Stack solution using the InterSystems IRIS, InterSystems IRIS For Health, or IRIS Cloud Servies as a backend. By full stack we mean a frontend web or mobile application which inserts, updates, or deletes data in InterSystems IRIS via REST API, Native API, ODBC/JDBC, or Embedded Python.
This time we decided to invite developers to try their skills in solving one of the global challenges. We encourage you to join this contest with solutions focused on tackling climate change issues:
- You will receive a special bonus if your application can solve problems related to global warming and climate change.
- There will also be another bonus if you prepare and submit to Open Exchange a dataset related to the global warming and climate change.
We’re looking forward to your innovative contributions for an even more sustainable world. Hone your digital skills to develop solutions for climate issues!
- Accepted applications: new to Open Exchange apps or existing ones, but with a significant improvement. Our team will review all applications before approving them for the contest.
- The application should work either on InterSystems IRIS Community Edition or InterSystems IRIS for Health Community Edition or InterSystems IRIS Advanced Analytics Community Edition.
- The application should be Open Source and published on GitHub.
- The README file to the application should be in English, contain the installation steps, and contain either the video demo or/and a description of how the application works.
If the application satisfies some additional requirements, it gets additional technology votes. Stay tuned for the bonuses description!
Who can participate
Any Developer Community member, except for InterSystems employees (ISC contractors allowed). Create an account!
Developers can team up to create a collaborative application. Allowed from 2 to 5 developers in one team. Don't forget to highlight your team members in the README of your application – DC user profiles.
How to apply
Log in to Open Exchange, open your application page, make sure that it meets the requirements, and click the "Apply for Contest" button. Your application will be sent for approval and once approved will appear on the Contest page eventually.
Prizes and nominations
- 1st place - $4,000
- 2nd place - $2,000
- 3rd place - $1,000
- 4-15th places - $100
- 1st place - $1,000
- 2nd place - $750
- 3rd place - $250
Terms and conditions, rules, and judgment criteria
By participating in the contest you agree to the following Terms and Conditions.
Visit contest page to read and discuss the rules, nominations & judgment criteria.
Join InterSystems Discord to chat about requirements, technology, voting, etc.