- To see functional differences across versions of the database platform.
- Assist migration of custom code running on an earlier version.
- The best installer is: No need for an installer.
- Realize what is possible running entirely within a web browser
- Explore ompare purposefully without technical preparation.
Unique Selling Points
Report data comparison ignores non-functional differences. For example:
- The Order in which Methods, Properties, and Parameters are defined in a class.
- Source control version string. Wherever it may occur one or more times in a class definition.
- Single and multiline comments within code
- Empty lines
- Irrelevant whitespace for both current and legacy (dot syntax) implementation.
- Documentation text
Some component difference detail is arranged across multiple lines to highlight for easier visual comparison. For example:
- Method Signature definition of order and type of arguments that are passed in.
- Host and Adaptor SETTINGS parameter
- VALUELIST parameters
- DISPLAYLIST parameters
Difference Detail is deliberately constrained to public viewable class documentation. For example: parameters, properties, and method signatures only.
Further information described in Help section in application.